ICDT

Research at Transilvania University of Brașov represents one of the major pillars of institutional growth and development for the horizon 2014-2020. By integrating human resources development programs, we value and honour the academic tradition of Brașov within already developed research fields, and support the involvement in emerging research areas with high innovation potential.
Our main strengths are given by the state-of-the-art infrastructure, the outstanding potential of human resource and the rich diversity of research areas. Through the smart use of these vectors, we aim at strengthening the interdisciplinary research and at adopting a proactive role in relation with the economic and industrial dynamic environment. All these actions support the direction for growth and development, making Transilvania University of Brasov a strategic partner for companies and a pole of excellence in national and international academic cooperation.

http://www.unitbv.ro/icdt_en/

Piata Sfatului

Mart (1480), Forum or Forum teatrum (1520), aria civitas, Ringh (1573), Platz (1713), Marktplatz (1907), Council Square (until 1918), Liberty Square (1920-1945), 23 August Square (1945-1989) and Council Square (after 1990 – Piața Sfatului in Romanian) are names used in documents for the place that has become a symbol of Brasov.

In the early days of the city, the market place was situated at the forking of the stream that crossed the settlement, guarded by a watchtower. With the increase of the perimeter of the fortress, the watchtower acquired a central position. Along with the tower, the furriers’ guild built a unit in the XIVth century. In 1420, the city councillors decided that there should be added a floor to this building for the Council meetings and for the trials; thus, the later Council Hall (Rathaus) was born.

The square was a place for the sale of goods by merchants from Brasov, Transylvania, Hungary, the Romanian country, Moldova, the Balkans and other European cities.

Besides the market days, the square had been along the years a gathering place for public events of the city and the district, the place of public trials, military or civilian parades, promenade for the elite and visitors.

If in 1523 there was recorded a “bridge of lies” in the Council Square, across the creek that flowed through it, from the Horse Fair (today, Bariţiu Street) and it divided into the Gate Street (today, Republicii Street) and the Monastery street (today, Mureşenilor street), subsequently the creek waters were diverted from the market by setting the Graft channel, on the western outskirts of the city.

About the place where fountain is today, in the Middle Ages there was a stone pillar of infamy, for those exposed to public opprobrium, the place of the gallows, which would last until 1792. Two public wells, beautifully decorated, existed in the nineteenth century in the square area.

After the Great Fire of 1689, that burned the city, the buildings bordering the Square were mostly rebuilt, modified, some got new floors. They belonged, over time, to the city notables, patricians and rich merchants, and in recent times some have become institutions, retail buildings, etc.

Until the mid-nineteenth century, the buildings from the Council Square kept a modest, austere, look, lacking the brightness of outstanding architectural creations, but in accordance with the evolution of the medieval town. Towards the end of the nineteenth century, wealthy merchants broke up the monotony of the street layout, building two-storey buildings, adopting different architectural styles, often surprising, but which today give the city its charm.

O istorie ilustrata a Brasovului

Welcome

Dear colleagues,

The Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences from Transylvania University of Brasov invites you to attend the first International Conference of Psychology,

From Individual to Society – Applied Psychology for a Sustainable Community.

This conference intends to become a beautiful tradition in Romania, enjoying a large participation of psychologists in all areas. Psychologists, academics and practitioners alike, are welcomed in the city from Tâmpa’s foothills. Special guests and personalities from prestigious universities have confirmed their presence.

The event will take place in “Sergiu T. Chiriacescu” Aula of Transylvania University of Brasov, 41, Iuliu Maniu street, in 22 – 23 September 2016.

We invite you to Brasov, the most beautiful city in Romania, to capitalize on your scientific achievements, to meet again, to enjoy the presence of leading figures in psychology.

Prof. eng. Ioan Vasile Abrudan, Ph.D.
Conference president
Rector of  Transylvania University of Brasov
Prof. psychologist, Mariela Pavalache-Ilie, Ph.D.
President of the organizing committee,
Dean of  the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences

APSC Call for papers